Idara-e-Jaaferiya held a Parenting Workshop on Saturday 27th April 2019. Maulana Syed Hassan Abbas Rizvi presented a collection of Hadith from Prophet Muhammad pbuh and the Ahlulbayt pbut. Please contact Maulana if you need explanation of any of these hadith.
In the name of Allah the Beneficent the Merciful
وَاعْلَمُوا أَنَّمَا أَمْوَالُكُمْ وَأَوْلادُكُمْ فِتْنَةٌ وَأَنَّ اللَّهَ عِنْدَهُ أَجْرٌ عَظِيمٌ
“Be known that your Wealth and Children are tests for you.”
Imam Ali (AS) said:
“Your children have been created for another time not yours.”
1. Everything in the house should be in under control.
2. There should be no expectation that a child will do everything right.
3. There is always a difference in Nurturing and Punishing children.
4. Keep your priorities in check.
5. Play with your children.
6. Everyday read something with your children.
7. Give some special time to your children.
8. Be a role model for your children.
9. Even if there is a mistake by parents, we should accept it.
10. Affection should be shown between you and your life partner in front of your children.
11. Respect each other.
12. If there is a problem between you and your life partner, the children should not know.
13. Praise your children on specific things, not generally.
14. Show your support in the things your children do, if you agree with what they are doing.
15. In nurturing your child, work from the sixth sense, be conscious.
16. The child should also be used to hearing “no” rather than getting everything they ask for
17. Reactions to a child’s mischief and rudeness should be different.
18. A child’s mischief can be ignored, but their rudeness cannot.
19. Everyday, ask at least three questions to do with their day. So the children will be used to their parents asking them things.
20. Show your affection for your children to them.
21. Love your children equally.
22. Try to understand your child’s feelings.
23. Don’t keep your children loose.
24. Make your children aware of good role models.
25. Enable your children to make good decisions.
26. In a day, the family should eat together at least once.
27. On the table, don’t discuss serious topics.
28. Up till a certain age, the parents have full control of a child, before that the parents should nurture the child properly.
29. When you talk to your children, smile at them.
30. Always speak the truth in front of your children.
31. Your children should know the boundaries of Halal and Haraam.
32. Educate your child on the Quran.
33. Teach your children on how to love the Ahlulbayt.
34. Your children should know all the rules and regulations of Mehram and Nah-Mehram at a certain age.
35. Make your children faithful in the fact that, if the parents don’t know something, Allah knows.
36. Make some time to talk on religious matters in the day as a family.
37. Parents should also implement Islam in their lives as well.
Additionally due to the risk electronic devices and the internet present:
38. You should keep a check on your children’s internet usage.
39. The passwords to all electronic items should be in the parent’s possession.
40. Place the computers in a visible place, so the child doesnt feel alone with it